Friday 7 November 2014

Am I a Tea Pig?

I absolutely love tea! Tea fixes all problems.  Rules to follow with tea:

1.  Always offer tea when you don't know what to say.
2.  Best thing to wake up to in the morning (well that and anytime after 7am!).
3.  There is always room to be a tea snob (yes I do take my own bags to friend's houses if I know they have tea that is not to my liking!)
4.  Opening teabags as a birthday gift is some what precious or maybe the note that reads 'I can't be with you but at some point today we will sit together sharing a cup of tea, I have kept half of the box and you have the other half'.
5.  No matter where you are in the world there are always friends who will post you tea, you just have to ask.
6.  As you age like a fine wine, so do your tea tastes, try something new, it may surprise you.
7.  Seasonal teas will evoke memories of past and present.
8.  Show someone you care by sending a tea care parcel.

Number 8 is what happened today, a really great friend of mine sent me an amazing new tea care package.  Tea and Christmas are two things that are my all time favs.  I had tea and Christmas in a cup today.  After a rough week, it was just what I needed.  Spiced winter red tea.  Reminded me of my teen years when Big Red chewing gum had just hit the shops.  The sharp, spicy hit of cinnamon lingering on your tongue.  The comforting worth when breathing in cool air.  That kind of sense of internal warmth.  A comfort blanket in a mug!  Not only does it taste great, the tea is ethical and green.
www.teapigs.co.uk 

So today, my ding thing is remember your friends who may need a cuddle of comfort in a mug.  Support local businesses and try something new.

Love Ding x

No comments:

Post a Comment