Sunday 2 November 2014

Inappropriate!

My favourite type of conversation has to be a knee jerk inappropriate comment or conversation.  You know the kind you have when doing something important. One of which being visiting a deceased member of the family, admiring the casket and a sudden thought of 'oh crap, what if the bottom doesn't hold?' Not because the deceased is a chunky monkey but because of the material the casket is made of. Cue me inspecting said casket on all fours in the funeral home! It's ok no one saw and it was solid as anything.

Another inappropriate moment in my time, to a work colleague: 'so where you skiving to next wk?'
'A funeral' Ah no, think fast think fast. Nope appropriate comment of i'm sorry for your loss was not the first thing that fell out of my mouth! 'Well that was a conversation killer' was the thing that fell out.

Have you ever had THE DEATH conversation with your significant other? Well I have. A few times. Not because I want to bury him under the lawn or because I'm planning on harming him in away way, I just need to have this important stuff all organised! I've not quite gone as far as choosing a coffin for him etc so do not worry. So, he is to get cremated, after parts have been donated to those in need, no cryogenic freezing and no donation to science because apparently they get enough donations!  I'm sure I have plenty of time to sort a rocket that can reach outer space or outer Earth, whatever it is. The atmosphere area that is programmed to explode so the ashes cover the Earth. Then I thought about those that keep ashes, ashes of pets or relatives. I might want to keep them, why not, turn it into a lovely piece of jewellery.  As inappropriate conversations do the focus soon changed to me, the usual, donate to the needy and a bit of cremation.  That is if Dr Who (1st nov 2014 episode) is wrong that the soul feels being cremated! Apparently, the significant other would make sure our kids wen through school ok with my insurance money...Urm ok, someone might have a slightly inappropriate plan for me!  

Just to make you cringe before I go for today. My all time inappropriate conversation to date is the kind a child should never have to have with their parent.  The sex and STI chat! That's right, when your parent starts dating again, needs must! Sit them down and have the chat!

Ding thing of the day...never leave that inappropriate conversation until it is too late.  Make time, be bold, no matter how awkward.

Love 
Ding x

No comments:

Post a Comment